The GWI website, found at www.graduatewomen.org, including all information and materials contained on it, is managed by Graduate Women International (“GWI”), based at 10 rue du Lac, CH-1207 Geneva, Switzerland. GWI is a non-governmental organisation (NGO) composed of national federations and associations.
What types of information do we collect and store?
The type and amount of information we receive and store depends on how you use the Website. You can access most of the pages on the Website without telling us who you are and without revealing any personal information. Google analytics collects anonymous logs during user visits to the Website. This information may be used to create aggregate statistics about how the Website is used. We do not currently collect personal information (such as your name, e-mail address or country of residence) on the Website unless you choose to provide it, for example, when you subscribe to our newsletter, GWI Update or when you sign up for our members-only section.
How do we use information collected?
Your personal information will be retained by GWI and its service providers in a secure environment, will be kept confidential, and will only be used in connection with the purposes of furthering GWI’s mission, or as otherwise explained on the Website or as necessary for us to comply with our legal obligations, under the law of the country and canton in which GWI is based. You can opt out of receiving further e-mail from us by requesting that we remove you from our mailing lists.
Sharing of your personal information
The information you provide will not be sold or rented. We shall only share your personal information if we are required to disclose it by law.
Addresses submitted through ‘Contact us’ and ‘Update’
Please note that the addresses of those using the ‘Contact us’ facility are retained for the purposes of reply or to be forwarded to the appropriate person within GWI for action. E-mail addresses are not passed to any third party. The same applies if you sign up to our Update Newsletter.
Terms and Conditions
- Your use of the site constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- GWI operates its website to further its mission. You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes, and in a manner which does not infringe the rights of GWI, its member federations and associations, its independent and associate members, or the use and enjoyment of the site by any third party.
- GWI shall in no event be liable for any damages including, without limitation, direct, indirect or consequential damages, whatsoever arising from or in connection with the use or loss of use of the site, or any content on the site.
- GWI can change these Terms and Conditions at any time by posting changes online under this section “Terms and Conditions”. Your continued use of this site after changes have been posted constitutes acceptance of the modified terms.
- GWI does not guarantee that the site’s facilities and functions will be free from error or uninterrupted, that the site or the server that makes it available to you are free of viruses or bugs, that defects will be corrected, or that the content on the site is accurate or complete.
- GWI takes no responsibility for the content of external Internet sites linked to or cited on this site.
- GWI reserves the right to amend or remove without notice any material posted in any area of the site.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Canton of Geneva, in Switzerland. Any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Geneva.
If you do not accept these Terms and Conditions in full, you must stop using this site immediately. We reserve the right to prevent you accessing this site, without prejudice to any of our other rights, if we consider that you have contravened any of these Terms and Conditions.
Last updated April 2016