- 10 December 2016 GWI Takes a Stand for Education as a Human Right
- 25 November 2016 GWI calls for action on the International Day to Eliminate Violence against Women
- 11 October 2016 GWI celebrates International Day of the Girl with a flashmob dance!
- 05 October 2016 GWI calls on officials, policy makers and States to value the role teachers play in education and in society
- 08 Sept 2016 GWI celebrates International Literacy Day 2016
- 24 August 2016 GWI 32nd Triennial Conference opens in Cape Town
- 11 August 2016 GWI Conference champions women in science and information technology
- 05 August 2016 GWI Conference to discuss entrepreneurship and education
- 30 July 2016 GWI Press Release – World Day against Trafficking in Persons
- 27 July 2016 GWI Conference theme of tackling violence in education
- 21 July 2016 GWI Conference panels and speakers information 1
- 30 June 2016 GWI Conference announcement
- 28 April 2016 GWI celebrates Girls in ICT Day
- 23 March 2016 GWI celebrates World Book and Copyright Day
- 16 March 2016 GWI announces partnership with Charriol
- 08 March 2016 GWI celebrates International Women’s Day 2016
- 06 February 2016 GWI calls for an end to FGM as a barrier to girls’ education and a human rights abuse
- 04 February 2016 GWI announces Emirates as partner airline for the GWI International Conference
- 18 January 2016 GWI and Orange announce partnership
- 10 December 2015 GWI celebrates Human Rights Day
- 25 November 2015 GWI calls for action on the International Day to Eliminate Violence against Women
- 17 November 2015 GWI celebrates International Students’ Day
- 29 October 2015 GWI Regional Seminar Series- Pacific- Bridging the Gender Gap
- 23 October 2015 GWI and the Australian Federation of Graduate Women bring women together at their AGM
- 20 October 2015 First announcement: Registration opens for the GWI International Conference
- 15 October 2015 GWI celebrates International Day of Rural Women
- 11 October 2015 – On International Day of the Girl Child, GWI calls for states and policy makers to commit to implementation of girls’ rights and promote their empowerment.
- 08 October 2015 – GWI International Conference abstract submission opens
- 05 October 2015 – GWI calls on governments to enable teachers to perform their vital role on World Teachers’ Day
- 29 September 2015 – GWI Reaffirms Committment to Girls Charge
- 8 September 2015 – GWI calls for governments to eradicate illiteracy on International Literacy Day 2015
- 31 August 2015 – Launch of Graduate Women International 32nd Conference website
- 21 August 2015 – Graduate Women International partners with the University of Essex to deliver an Executive Course on Entrepreneurship
- 27 April 2015 – Full steam ahead for women’s education as IFUW rebrands and reaffirms global commitment under Graduate Women International
- 23 April 2015 – On World Book Day, IFUW urges all stakeholders to invest in education to end global illiteracy
- 26 March 2015 – IFUW and UN Women join forces for dynamic panel discussion on women entrepreneurs in Africa
- 8 March 2015 – On International Women’s Day, IFUW promotes the economic empowerment of women as a key priority in the post-2015 development agenda
- 20 January 2015 – The launch of IFUW manifestos gathers strong support for girls’ and women’s education
- 18 December 2014 – On International Migrants Day, the International Federation of University Women IFUW) draws global attention to the rights of all migrants, especially women and children
- 16 December 2014 – The International Federation of University Women (IFUW) joins the CHARGE for Girls’ Education
- 10 December 2014 – The International Federation of University Women (IFUW) affirms and emphasises the right to education as a standalone international human right and an enabler of numerous other human rights, which must be promoted, protected and provided to all people without discrimination
- 25 November 2014 – The International Federation of University Women (IFUW) appeals to governments, legislators, civil society, and individual citizens to mobilies, unite and act for the elimination of all forms of violence against women and girls
- 11 October 2014 – The International Federation of University Women (IFUW) urges local, national and international policy makers to prioritise the situation of the girl child and legislate to protect against harmful practices
- 6 October 2014 – IFUW calls on governments and education sectors to commit to immediate, concrete legislative and policy action to combat the global shortage of qualified teachers at all levels
- 19 September 2014 – (Español) La Federación Internacional de Mujeres Universitarias (IFUW), la Federación Mexicana de Universitarias (FEMU), ONU Mujeres y el Museo de la Mujer llevaron a cabo un seminario internacional sobre la educación de calidad para las mujeres y las niñas en América Latina
- 19 September 2014 – (English) The International Federation of University Women (IFUW), the Mexican Federation of University Women (FEMU), UN Women (ONU Mujeres) and the Museum of Women co-host an international seminar on quality education for girls and women in Latin America
- 8 September 2014 – The International Federation of University Women (IFUW) calls on governments and policy makers to commit to immediate, concrete legislative and result-orientated action for the eradication of illiteracy, especially amongst girls and women
- 8 July 2014 – The International Federation of University Women (IFUW) calls for the compilation and public dissemination of gender disaggregated data
- 7 May 2014 – The International Federation of University Women (IFUW) calls for the immediate return of Nigerian schoolgirls to their homes
- 23 April 2014 – The International Federation of University Women (IFUW) urges governments to ensure that secondary school girl students have access to both digital and paper books on the occasion of World Book Day on 23 April 2014
- 08 March 2014 – On International Women’s Day, the International Federation of University Women (IFUW) urges states to commit to a standalone goal for secondary education, literacy and numeracy for girls and women in the post-2015 agenda
- 06 February 2014 – The International Federation of University Women (IFUW) calls for increased access to education to stop the practice of female genital mutilation (FGM)
- 10 December 2013 – International Federation of University Women (IFUW) calls for Human Rights Education for all secondary and tertiary students and those in continuing education.
- 10 October 2013 – International Federation of University Women says secondary education is most consistent way to promote and protect the girl child.
- 5 October 2013 – International Federation of University Women calls for more and better training and support for teachers from communities, parents and governments.
- 8 September 2013 – International Federation of University Women wants concerted government action to drastically increase female literacy rates.
- 29 August 2013 – International Federation of University Women triennial conference rings alarm bells: Delegates in Istanbul declare the advance of women has stalled in many countries.
- 2 July 2013 – IFUW, in partnership with UNESCO, CERN AND ITU, calls for gender balance in science and technology.
- 14 May 2013 – The International Federation of University Women calls on the Bangladesh Government to legislate strongly in favour of women workers’ safety.
- 1 March 2013 – Violence against women remains a core concern of the International Federation of University Women.
If you are a journalist and are seeking story ideas, background information or interview opportunities, please contact us:
Tel: + 41 22 731 2380
Fax: +41 22 738 0440
Address: 10 rue du Lac CH 1207 Geneva, Switzerland
Office Hours: Mon-Fri 8.30 – 17.30